Let’s start off with a bit of a technical overview and specifications. Callaway came up with a successful construction, neat design, great accuracy (+/- 1 yd) and a good range (5-1000 yd).
Product Name and Model: Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
Dimensions: 4.25” x 3” x 1.75”
Weight: 7.58 oz. or 215 grams
Max Range: 5-1000 yd or 4.5 – 915 meters
Range to Flag: 5-300 yd or 4.5 – 274 meters
Accuracy: +/- 5 yd or 4.5 meters
Construction / Design
It’s hard to describe the construction of this golf rangefinder until you have it in your hands. Very ergonomic design. Buttons are in the best places possible making the device very easy to operate. Diopter Adjustment is coupled with an Eye Piece making focusing and increasing clarity surprisingly convenient. The location of a battery entry and the power button is acceptable.
- Pin Acquisition Technology
- Slope Mode
- Birdie Technology
- LCD Display
- Water Proof
This model uses a replaceable lithium battery which is very easy to install or remove.
There are six modes of measurements:
- Standard – a basic mode which is recommended when measuring distances to larger objects
- Pin Acquisition Technology – a great choice when measuring distances to smaller objects (i.e flagsticks)
- Birdie Technology – a sound alarm will be heard when the device is locked onto the pin
- Slope Mode – measures the angle of a slope. Extremely helpful to calculate the slope adjusted distance
- Scanning – measures distances between multiple objects
- Unit of Measure – you can switch between yards and meters when using the device
Ease of Use
You can measure distances with only one hand which is super handy. The interface is as easy as it can get, even beginners shouldn’t have any problems using it.
- Has one of the best ranges on the market
- Great Design
- Very good price to value ratio
- Great Slope Function
- Can be a little hard on your battery life
- Could be more solidly built
Even if it’s not the most expensive golf rangefinder on the market it has all the needed modes that will let you successfully measure distances on a golf course. Features like Birdie Technology or Pin Acquisition make Callaway 300 Pro differentiate itself from the similar priced rangefinders.
With a sleek design and ergonomic construction, it already found many buyers.